Which source species can be analyzed by GeneAnalytics?
- GeneAnalytics is designed to identify mouse and human gene symbols. The user must indicate the query species to enable the identification procedure. However, the query species does not impact the results:
- The expression matching algorithm is performed on all the genes available in LifeMap Discovery®, regardless of their species (human, mouse, rat, chicken, pig).
- The matching algorithm used in the diseases, pathways, GO terms and compounds sections converts all gene symbols into human gene symbols.
- Gene symbols from another species can be queried, but GeneAnalytics will identify them according to the official mouse or human gene symbols.
- Please note that changing the input species after inserting genes will automatically result in a new identification process.